The combination of Thomassen’s in-house built software with the most advanced technologies allows us to offer our customers the highest calibre of repaired stationary and rotating gas turbine parts in order to minimise their turnaround time.
Building on the extensive expertise derived from Thomassen International BV, The Netherlands, and Thomassen Service Gulf LLC, Abu Dhabi, a former business associate of General Electric, all staff working in the facility have extensive experience and are highly qualified in the repair of combustion and hot gas path components such as turbine nozzles, combustion liners, transition pieces and fuel nozzles.
Since 2009 Thomassen has been operating a workshop facility at Sohar for the repair of Hot Gas Path components for GE Frame 5, Frame 6 and Frame 9 heavy duty gas turbines. Since 2013 Thomassen has been working on the optimization of repair procedures and technology and as a result more and more repair and design activities are now being done in-house. In addition to GE Heavy Duty Conventional, FA & DLN Frame Technology, Thomassen is also capable of repairing Hitachi H25, Siemens v94.2, ABB 13D as well as LM2500 & LM600 GE aero-derivative turbines.
In 2014, expansion and relocation of the repair workshop at Nizwa Industrial Estate was done which has extensive and state of the art workshop facilities for the repair of gas turbine hot gas path components.
All procedures and working methods are supported by dedicated blasting, welding, heat treatment and coating systems to create the ideal environment to achieve the required quality and efficiency targets. In order to guarantee a proper fit of the repaired components in the gas turbine once returned to site it is necessary to check important clearances using jigs which simulate actual turbine internal geometry.
- Fuel Nozzles
- Cross Fire Tubes
- Transition Piece
- Flow Sleeves
- Nozzles and Diaphragms
- Shroud Blocks
- De- and re-rack of rotors
- Compressor Blade replacement
- Turbine Rotor Rebuilds
Workshop facilities :
- Inspection: Identification, Base material & coating verification, metallurgical investigation, Dimensional check, Fluorescent and Red Dye Penetrant NDT & Borescope inspection
- Cleaning & Blasting: Ultrasonic cleaning, high pressure water & air cleaning, Sand blasting
- Welding: TIG welding
- Machining: Grinding, contouring, milling, EDM,
- Heat Treatments: Solution heat treatment & vacuum furnace
- Coating: Plasma spray thermal barrier coating, Hard face coating
- Testing: Gas and Liquid Fuel Nozzle Flow test & calibration, Control valve calibration test bench, harmonic testing, static frequency, assembly check
- Laboratory: Metrology laboratory, Reverse engineering, QA/QC control, Dimensional control, 3D Scanner and CMM